Open to all
This new workshop, led by two dedicated students of anthroposophy, offers a unique opportunity to discover and explore the basic elements of anthroposophy and to reflect upon what Rudolf Steiner’s ideas have to offer our lives today.
Through presentation, conversation, and experiential learning, participants will delve into Steiner’s picture of the human being and the evolution of consciousness as illumination for a path of inner development. There will be ample open space for questions while exploring Steiner’s ideas in a spirit of seeking understanding.
Your workshop will include:
- Large and small group discussions
- Eurythmy as a social and artistic experience
- Suggestions for further reading
Anna Silber was Sunbridge Institute’s director of education from 2012-2018 and now serves on the Sunbridge Board. Previously, she was a class teacher at Green Meadow Waldorf School, where she worked on the teacher development committee and with the school administrator on curriculum-related projects. A student of anthroposophy for many years, Anna lectures about Waldorf Education throughout the country and is the originator of Sunbridge’s “Waldorf Weekend” workshops. Prior to her work in Waldorf Education, she had a career in commercial real estate finance at JP Morgan Investment Management. Anna earned a bachelor’s degree in geography from UC Berkeley and a master’s in elementary education from Sunbridge College.
Thomas O’Keefe discovered anthroposophy while studying philosophy at Kenyon College, where he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in 2007. He founded the newsletter Deepening Anthroposophy in 2012 and has worked as an editor for SteinerBooks, as well as with the Ita Wegman Institute for Basic Research into Anthroposophy in Arlesheim, Switzerland. Tom is currently working as editorial director of the Chadwick Library Edition, a project that aims to publish new or revised translations of a number of Rudolf Steiner’s written works in hardcover editions.
Your workshop also includes eurythmy with Virginia Hermann of Eurythmy Spring Valley.
Friday, July 19: Check-in registration takes place 6:30-7pm. First class runs 7-9pm.
Saturday, July 20: Classes begin at 9am and run through 5:30, with time for lunch and short mid-morning and mid-afternoon breaks.
Sunday, July 21: Classes begin at 9am and end at 1pm, with a mid-morning break.
$360 includes all materials and non-refundable $30 registration fee
Three Discount Options (Choose One! Discounts may not be combined.)
1. Friends and Family (Personal Discount): Currently enrolled Sunbridge program students receive a 30% discount and Sunbridge program graduates receive a 15% discount off one or more registrations. Discount instructions will appear on your registration form after you answer questions about your Sunbridge background in the Participant Profile section. Accounts must be in good standing.
2. Take Two and Save (Personal Discount): 10% discounts on subsequent registrations (of equal or lesser value) will automatically appear on your registration form when selecting more than one title. (Exception: Waldorf Weekend, which offers an $85 discount when selected as a subsequent registration.)
3. Send More/Save More (School Discount): Schools paying for five or more registrations will receive discounts in increasing amounts.
Make 5 registrations, receive 5% off the total cost
Make 6 registrations, receive 6% off the total cost
Make 7 registrations, receive 7% off the total cost
Make 8 registrations, receive 8% off the total cost
Make 9 registrations, receive 9% off the total cost
Make 10 or more registrations, receive 10% off the total cost
NOTE: When choosing this option, please be sure to check off “Invoice my School” on your registration form. To qualify for the Send More/Save More discount, registrations must be made by June 14.
Please contact Penelope-Myles Voss, Admissions, Alumni, and Summer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 845-425-0055 x20
Sunbridge reserves the right to make faculty substitutions when necessary. See registration form for refund policy.