Eurythmy is essential in order for Waldorf Education to fully serve the child. But what is eurythmy? What does it actually do for the child? How does it fit into the Waldorf curriculum, and what is its contribution and impact?
In this highly experiential workshop, you will deepen your understanding of why this art form is so essential to the Waldorf pedagogy, and experience for yourself elements of the eurythmy curriculum from kindergarten across the grades. Through discussion and activity you will:
- Discover what eurythmy reveals about human development
- Work your way through the development of the child by means of exercises appropriate to each developmental phase
- See how the Waldorf curriculum comes to life through movement and gesture
- Learn about the interplay between eurythmy and academic experiences
- Acquire the language and understanding to talk about eurythmy to Waldorf parents in a valuable way
- Work, play, laugh, and have fun!
Eurythmy and the Growing Child is designed as both a stand-alone as well as a means of enhancing your experience in another Summer Series 2015 offering. Participants who register for an additional Summer Series workshop or course will receive a discounted Eurythmy workshop fee.
Sunday: 3:15pm registration. Workshop runs from 3:30-5:30pm
$25 when registering for another Summer Series offering or $35 as a stand-alone
Registration: Click here to register
Sunbridge Institute reserves the right to cancel any offering at any time. If Sunbridge cancels, all registrants will be notified and will receive a full refund. If the registrant cancels, he or she will receive a full refund less the non-refundable registration fee. Sunbridge reserves the right to make faculty substitutions when necessary.