Summer Series 2016 afternoon workshop with Laura Radefeld of Green Meadow Waldorf School
Open to all, but especially relevant for Waldorf teachers and parents
Eurythmy is essential in order for Waldorf Education to fully serve the child. But what is eurythmy? What does it actually do for the child? How does it fit into the Waldorf curriculum, and what is its contribution and impact?
In this highly experiential workshop, you will deepen your understanding of why this art form is so essential to the Waldorf pedagogy, and experience for yourself elements of the eurythmy curriculum from kindergarten across the grades. Through discussion and activity you will:
- Discover what eurythmy reveals about human development
- Work your way through the development of the child by means of exercises appropriate to each developmental phase
- See how the Waldorf curriculum comes to life through movement and gesture
- Learn about the interplay between eurythmy and academic experiences
- Acquire the language and understanding to talk about eurythmy to Waldorf parents in a valuable way
- Work, play, laugh, and have fun!
Eurythmy and the Growing Child is designed as both a stand-alone as well as a means of enhancing your experience in another Summer Series 2016 offering.
Laura Radefeld teaches grades 8-12 eurythmy at Green Meadow Waldorf School (NY), where she has been a member of the faculty since 2010 and also sits on the Collegium and the Curriculum Development Committee. She is also on the faculty of the Eurythmy Spring Valley Pedagogical Eurythmy program. Laura is a graduate of Eurythmy Spring Valley four-year artistic eurythmy training and Emerson College Waldorf Teacher Training.
Sunday: 3:15pm registration. Workshop runs from 3:30-5:30pm
$35 when also registering for any other Summer Series offering, or $40 as a stand-alone; Sunbridge program students also receive the $35 fee (NOTE: There are no refunds given for this workshop.)
Contact Amina Phelps, Admissions & Summer Series Coordinator, at [email protected] or 845-425-0055 x20.
Sunbridge Institute reserves the right to cancel any offering at any time. If Sunbridge cancels, all registrants will be notified and will receive a full refund.