Employment Opportunities at Sunbridge
PART-TIME OFFICE ASSISTANT
15 hours/week year-round, with opportunity to increase to 35 hours/week in the summer (see below). Pay: $18/hour
Position is available immediately.
Sunbridge is seeking a great team player with a friendly demeanor who can take direction and work well independently and under pressure to join us as our office assistant. Applicants must enjoy interacting with a wide range of people and be a willing and effective multi-tasker. Proficiency with Excel, Google Workspace (including Docs, Sheets, and Classroom), and using cloud software applications a must; experience with Waldorf education a plus. We offer a warm, collegial work environment, with flexible hours.
This position reports to the admissions and summer coordinator.
Scope of Position
While the hours for this position are 15/week, year-round, we are also looking for additional staff hours in our busy summer season (May through mid-August). The person in this position may choose to remain solely at 15 hours/week year-round or to increase their hours to approximately 35/week from May to mid-August.
If you choose to increase your hours during these summer months (which will require availability on some Sunday and weekday evenings while our students are in session), you will receive benefits of paid time off and complimentary attendance to any Sunbridge course/workshop (as fits your work schedule).
Description of Responsibilities
The office assistant supports all Sunbridge departments, with a focus in the spring and summer months on providing assistance to our admissions and summer coordinator. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing general office tasks (photocopying, ordering and managing office supplies, assisting with mailings, etc.);
- Helping to assure the smooth running of our summer programming, including handling light physical work such as classroom/facilities set-up and breakdown, and moving supplies of varying weight (up to 50 lbs);
- Interfacing with students, and trouble-shooting as necessary;
- Assisting faculty with their needs;
- Occasionally running errands (requiring car & license);
- Performing end-of-summer activities, including cleaning, general breakdown of facilities, inventorying of supplies, and organizing all evaluations, among other tasks;
- Supporting Zoom classes and Google classroom management.
We want to hear from you! Here’s how to apply:
Email your cover letter and résumé to Barbara Vitale, admissions and summer coordinator, at [email protected]
No phone calls, please.
In all of its dealings, including its admissions, educational, and employment practices, it is the policy of Sunbridge Institute, its Trustees, officers, employees and other duly authorized agents not to discriminate against any individual or group for reasons of race, color, creed, gender, age, culture, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation or identification, or mental or physical disability.
At Sunbridge Institute we are committed to serving and being a diverse, inclusive community. We are striving collectively to ensure the continued growth and development of our curriculum and program offerings to reflect these values. As we deepen our own relationship to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, we ask for your honest feedback and perspective, understanding that we wish to widen our lens and that this work is, and will always be, in process.