Summer Series Overview
Sunbridge’s Summer Series is a longstanding tradition within the Waldorf community. Taking place online and in person from June-August, our weeklong professional development courses help educators and administrators prepare for their upcoming year, while our introductory courses help newcomers learn more about Waldorf education and perhaps prepare for a Waldorf career of their own. Each course features lead instructor(s) and special subject teachers, and each session of your day is individually tailored to the specific topic you have signed up to study.
Please note: While we very much stand behind our Summer Series courses, we wish to remind you that a weeklong course cannot substitute for a full teacher training. If you have not yet benefitted from a Waldorf teacher education program, we strongly encourage you to explore this highly enriching course of study.
Summer Series 2024’s lineup will be announced here later this month. Please check back to see what’s in store for next summer.
Praise From Recent Summer Series Participants
- The Zoom week was (surprisingly) wonderful and practical.
- This was absolutely fantastic, all around. I must admit I was nervous about the Zoom format, but the teachers did a fantastic job balancing the technology with a real, human feeling, with plenty of opportunity for our own voices. Also, the Google Classroom, I must almost begrudgingly admit, is a huge repository for such good stuff. It’s actually easier to access than the method of the past.
- I’m so pleased Sunbridge was able to make this experience so welcoming, very well set up and easy to work with!
- I commend the staff for how well prepared the online portals all were!
- I found this course to be of particularly high quality, especially since it was delivered completely over Zoom. I especially appreciate the abundance of resources I walked away with in the Google Classroom, as well as the connections with the cohort.
- I actually loved the online format. I learned a ton. I did not have to travel. I felt that I got to know the other participants. I love the collaboration, and all of shared documents.
Holder House was very accommodating and I loved how close I could be to everything. The campus felt very welcoming.
The environment was great, I loved exploring the campus and the food was great. Everyone was so nice & friendly.
- Is there really such a thing as too many resources? 🙂 I suppose it can get overwhelming, but I’m overjoyed at the amount of resources provided!
- Thank you for going the extra mile to make this a great and useful experience.
- Keep up the good work! So impressed with Sunbridge and all of the instructors (and participants!)
- Thank you so very much to everyone for their hard work to bring such a beautiful course to life. It will live in me all year.
Please contact Barbara Vitale, admissions and summer coordinator