Thanks for everything you do for the Waldorf community. I wouldn’t be where I am today without my Sunbridge training and I want others to experience all the amazing things you offer 🙂
– From a note by a teacher education graduate accompanying their 2021 Diversity Fund donation
Every gift to Sunbridge matters. By giving to Sunbridge, you play a direct role in enabling us to continue to attract, educate, and develop teachers, leaders, and researchers who will serve in Waldorf classrooms, administrations, and communities nationally and globally. Your financial support allows us to expand our programming, making Sunbridge relevant to new generations and new kinds of students, and to defray our operating expenses, ensuring the future viability of our institute.
Ways of Giving
We encourage you to earmark your gift to one (or more) of these funds:
- Norman Davidson Student Support Fund: Inaugurated in honor of our 50th anniversary in 2017, the Norman Davidson Student Support Fund pays tribute to Norman Davidson, Sunbridge’s beloved director of teacher training from 1986 until 1998. Gifts to this fund go toward supporting our teacher education students through scholarship grants, mentor visits, and apprenticeship opportunities.
- Sunbridge Diversity Fund: The Sunbridge Diversity Fund was established in 2018 for the purpose of increasing the number of demographically diverse Waldorf teacher education graduates prepared to take on educational and leadership roles in Waldorf classrooms and schools. Gifts to this fund provide scholarship grants for our teacher education students who are people of color, as well as help finance projects and programming that promote diversity awareness and cultural responsiveness among all our students. Learn more about diversity at Sunbridge.
- Annual Fund: Gifts to our Annual Fund go toward essential operating expenses, including program development, faculty salaries, and outreach activities.
- COVID-19 Recovery Fund: Formerly the COVID-19 Emergency Support Fund, gifts directed here provide additional support to help ease the financial burdens experienced by our teacher education students as a result of the pandemic.
How to Give
Through the Mail
Send your check (made payable to Sunbridge Institute) to:
285 Hungry Hollow Road
Chestnut Ridge, NY 10977
Recurring Gifts/Multi-Year Pledges
Sustaining gifts provide Sunbridge with important financial support we know we can count on. Please use our donation form to set up a monthly donation or contact Executive Director Jessica Heffernan Ziegler at [email protected] or 845-425-0055 x23 to discuss terms of a multi-year pledge.
Many businesses have employee matching gift programs in which the company matches an employee’s gift. If your employer offers such a program, please complete your company’s matching gift form and return it with your gift.
You are encouraged to make your gift in tribute to someone or something meaningful in your life. Please specify on our donation form whether your gift is in honor or memory of anyone and we will be happy to let that person know of your thoughtfulness.
If you wish to discuss gifts of security, bequests, or directing a gift toward Sunbridge’s endowment, please contact our executive director, Jessica Heffernan Ziegler, at [email protected] or 845-425-0055 x23.
The Sunbridge Federal Employment Identification Number is 13-3800725.
Current and Previous Campaigns
Recent donors will be listed in our 2020 and 2021 Impact Report, to be published in fall 2021. Please see our 2018-19 Impact Report and 2017-18 Annual Report for listings of previous donors. And THANK YOU to all.
If you have any questions about giving to Sunbridge Institute, please contact:
Ivy Greenstein, Director of Communications and Outreach