For Waldorf teachers and homeschool parents and anyone interested in the medium of chalk drawing
In this highly practical workshop, teachers of grades 1-8 will receive instruction in the basics of how to create beautiful chalkboard drawings. Regardless of your artistic background, you’ll leave with valuable skills, new-found confidence, and ideas for your coming year’s drawings.
You will learn:
- Techniques for drawing with chalk
- How to approach chalkboard illustrations across the Waldorf lower and middle school curricula
- Ways to model animal and human forms through the grades
- Seasonal use of color
You are encouraged to bring your own pictures and ideas of what you want to focus on in the coming year, and get guidance and practice for how to bring your ideas into reality.
Brigitte Bley-Swinston has been teaching fine arts at Green Meadow Waldorf School for the past seven years. Previously, she taught at the Rudolf Steiner School in Manhattan and, from 1992-2004, served as the resident art teacher for all Sunbridge College programs. She also frequently taught courses at the Rudolf Steiner Institute and co-directed the Foundation Studies program at the Brooklyn Waldorf School. Brigitte earned her BA in art education in Berlin, Germany, her MS in Waldorf teacher education from Sunbridge College, and also studied at the Art Students League, The National Academy of Design, and the New York Botanical Garden
Students who studied with Brigitte in Summer Series 2018 had this to say:
~ Brigitte was able to bring out my inner artist I didn’t know I had.
~ Well-prepared and knowledgeable.
~ Brigitte was just wonderful.
~ Brigitte was a warm, inviting teacher who provided clear guidance.
~ Brigitte was the perfect art teacher. I always felt “seen” and respected, even when the art challenged my capacities.
~Brigitte has a very calm, easy way with student anxieties and feelings of inadequacy/frustration with art, and also met the experienced/advanced students in a meaningful way.
~ I loved everything about the class.
Additional artistic faculty TBA
Friday, June 28: Check-in registration takes place 6:30-7pm. First class runs 7-9pm.
Saturday, June 29: Classes begin at 9am and run through 5:30, with time for lunch and short mid-morning and mid-afternoon breaks.
Sunday, June 30: Classes begin at 9am and end at 1pm, with a mid-morning break.
$360 includes all materials and non-refundable $30 registration fee
Three Discount Options (Choose One! Discounts may not be combined.)
1. Friends and Family (Personal Discount): Currently enrolled Sunbridge program students receive a 30% discount and Sunbridge program graduates receive a 15% discount off one or more registrations. Discount instructions will appear on your registration form after you answer questions about your Sunbridge background in the Participant Profile section. Accounts must be in good standing.
2. Take Two and Save (Personal Discount): 10% discounts on subsequent registrations (of equal or lesser value) will automatically appear on your registration form when selecting more than one title. (Exception: Waldorf Weekend, which offers an $85 discount when selected as a subsequent registration.)
3. Send More/Save More (School Discount): Schools paying for five or more registrations will receive discounts in increasing amounts.
Make 5 registrations, receive 5% off the total cost
Make 6 registrations, receive 6% off the total cost
Make 7 registrations, receive 7% off the total cost
Make 8 registrations, receive 8% off the total cost
Make 9 registrations, receive 9% off the total cost
Make 10 or more registrations, receive 10% off the total cost
NOTE: When choosing this option, please be sure to check off “Invoice my School” on your registration form. To qualify for the Send More/Save More discount, registrations must be made by June 14.
Please contact Penelope-Myles Voss, Admissions, Alumni, and Summer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 845-425-0055 x20
Sunbridge reserves the right to make faculty substitutions when necessary. See registration form for refund policy.